Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Last Song

I'm getting so addicted to this blogging thing that I just finished my book, and just had to come share my thoughts! Okay, I really like to read. No, I really freaking love to read, like..a lot. I get so excited to walk into a book store and page through novels and skim the covers to see what catches my eye, buying a new book is like a fix for me. Fills a "i need a new book to read" gap in my body and the high is just oh so good. So I've read a ton of good books, and I say this every time I finish a good one, but I swear..this really was one of the best books I've ever read. There's been plenty of books that have made me emotional, teary eyed, go-up-and-hug -Jake-because-this-book-just-gave-me-a-reality-check kinda feelings. But this was the first book that actually made me sob. The hot and heavy tears that slowly start to well up in your eyes, then run down your cheeks until their eventually pouring out of your eyes, your nose is running & your basically gasping for air. That's how a judge a good movie. If a movie can make me cry, it's an excellent film in my opinion. Now a book, with no pictures..just words can make me so emotional, now that is outstanding.
I'm sure none of you will be surprised to hear that the author was Nicholas Sparks. The one and only, he might as well nick name himself as the tear jerk-er. The book I'm speaking of is 'The Last Song' I'm sure plenty of you have seen the previews for it on TV as it is now a major motion picture. I saw the trailer for the movie back in November (ish?) when Jake and I went to go see 'New Moon' I immediately said "Oooh, I wanna see that!" but pretty much forgot about it until then. Well, I saw the book at Wal-Mart about a month ago. Hm, I remember that story. Didn't know it was a book, though. Ohh it's by Nicholas Sparks! This will definitely be good. & I held it in my hand for a moment, almost stuck it in my cart..and then put it back and continued shopping. Last week I was at CVS, picking up some baby food when the book jumped out at me again! This time I couldn't resist - I threw the paper back copy into the basket and headed home. I pretty much haven't been able to put it down since. I took it to work with me today, I had a good amount of down time so I was really able to get into it, it took all I had to fight back the tears at work, mid-book..it wasn't even the end yet! I was so hooked that when I was headed home at the end of the day, when I got to my car I actually sat in there for a good 10 minutes and read some more. Okay I'm getting carried away. My point is, I came home tonight and finished the book, and sobbed. And sobbed. and sobbed. and sobbed some more. I was crying so hard that I thought I was going to wake my peaceful boyfriend who was sleeping next to me. Even though I was (and still am!) sooo tired, I drug myself out of bed to check On Demand to see if the movie was out yet. It wasn't, and I was bummed. I can't wait to see the movie, even though I'm sure there's no way it's as good as the book.
I get carried away sometimes. Sorry about that. Anyone need a good book to read? Go get The Last Song. That's all I'm sayin :p

The Last Song Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...