Wednesday, September 15, 2010

monday, tuesday, wednesday

I really may dislike many things about my job. I dislike the drive, I dislike the lack of income, I dislike the long days, I dislike getting worked like a slave..I hate it all. But the very, very, very best part of it all, that makes up for every single down fall? The fact that it lets me be home with my baby four days a week. The past three days as a stay at home mama have been magnificent.

Monday

Abby & I woke up and took a walk around the neighborhood. No, not a push in the stroller around the block walk..a real walk. Because she walks now, duh. We walk hand in hand, stopping every 5 steps so my little girl can point to something and say "what's that?" thats a tree baby "what's that?" that's the sidewalk angel. "what's that?" a leaf. "whats that?" a bye-bye car. "whats that?" that's the grass sweetie. Our WHOLE walk we had this conversation, it was adorable :) She loves airplanes now, too! Every time we see one when were outside she stops what she's doing, stands up, and point to the sky..I squat down with her & tell her "Airplanes, Ab!" We spotted quite a few on our walk!

Tiger In The Sky Pictures, Images and Photos

other than that our Monday was pretty boring. I had to run up to work to turn in some paper work, and after that we hung around outside & in the house with Dada. Around 7 we headed up to my mom's work to have a late dinner! it is one of our favorite restaurants, plus we get a huge discount being family :) my mom has worked there for over 12 years, so every time we go eat..its really just like visiting old friends. Jake had the wings of fire & crab soup for dinner (his usual) and I went out on a limb and tried some veggie lasgana, which wasn't great..but it worked. we let Ab try grilled cheese for the first time and she loved it! chomped the whole thing right down!

after dinner & bedtime for Abs..it was Football time! the first RAVENS game of the season! cold beers on the couch is a big downgrade from our past football festivities, but this was even better ♥

#1 BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD! Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday

After breakfast, Abby and I headed downstairs for yet another morning walk (its our new "thing") but after a few minutes of being outside..I thought what the heck, we jumped in the car & got an early start on the day. I hadn't even showered and was rocking out an old pair of jeans & a ravens jersey..but off to Grandma's house we went! Since Abby has been liking the airplanes so much lately, we decided to take a trip to the airplane park! It's a cute little park, right on the runways from the airway..you can sit & watch the planes take off! (I couldn't help but hum i'm just sitting out here watching airplanes, take off, and fllllllllly! the whole time we were there :p) It seemed like a great idea until we got there & realized that the planes were taking off on a different runway that day, and that there was a billion bratty kids taking over the whole park. Honestly..god help me when Abby is old enough to want to play at these playgrounds. I love them, I really do. But people do not know how to control their kids! I had to snatch Abby out of there after a few minutes of being stampeded and kids bashing into me..those kids were taking us down! REALLY hoping that it doesn't bother me as much when she's old enough to hold her own!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

after the park and a quick stop at Wendys for lunch...i came across my mom's old camera. Oh-my-god. she let me borrow it to upload the pics to my computer. can i tell you how depressing these pictures are? oh, where has the time gone?

Vacation 2009 - 7 months pregnant
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Baby Shower - I was simply beaming this day ♥
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pictures of my labor, ones that I have never ever seen!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

...wiping tears from my eyes. *snif, snif*

after finding all these amazing pictures..Abby and I headed over to Jackie's house to meet up with her & our old friend Jenna! Haven't seen her since high school, but I can still say she's one of the best people I know. Haven't seen her in almost 3 years, but when ever I need someone to talk to..she's totally one of my go-to people. She sent Abby a huge package when she was born, and is always asking how we all are doing. She is a very true friend to me, and I was so excited for her to be in the area so that I could actually see her! It was a great mini reunion between the three...well, four ;) of us. I was happy that Abby got to meet her. My little was super sleepy at this point, and took a huge nap in Jackie's room while us girls caught up and laughed over silly things. it was a really good time..doing pretty much nothing! We're considering having a girls wine night sometime this weekend after babies are in bed :)

finally..our last stop, Stride Rite ♥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jake and I got our baby girl her first pair of real walkin' shoes!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
she measured at a 4 and a half, so we went with getting her a 5. we were in & out within 10 minutes which really surprised me! i expected to be there all day long. my camera died, so i didn't get to get pictures of her trying to walk in them..but it was hilarious! she was taking giant baby steps, like a little horse trying to walk for the first time :p she adjusted quickly though. didn't even try to rip them off..which surprised me too. i'd say she likes 'em! :)

Today

today as been a lazy day..and I am dreading work in the morning. we took our morning walk, in her new big girl shoes! had our same conversation as Monday, and watched more airplanes ♥ had an urge to bake today..and went with Ice Cream Sundae Brownies, a recipe I got offline..let me know if you want it! they were yummy and took care of the "i need to make something" kick.

today..also marks the beginning of hunting season. meaning that my boyfriend will now be MIA for the next 3 or 4 months or so. & while its gross..i support my man and the sport. so here ya go you outdoors men out there..my sweeties first catch of the season:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...