Hello all. Brittany here from the ungodly hours of night shift at work! Yes, yes..I am the one who has been complaining about my early morning hours & praying that night shift will work out for me again some day soon..but, woo! It's been quite a while. & I am quite sleepy. Currently its 1am, all patients are sleeping, lights are dimmed, its quiet & I am on my third cup of coffee, still fighting the burning sensation on my eyelids. At 4am, I get to start vital signs..but from now to then? Nata. This shift is definitely easier in a sense of theres not as much heavy work..but its much harder to stay up & at 'em! I also feel a headache coming on. Wonderful! Six hours to go..
With that said, I'm trying to find something to keep busy. Keep my mind going so I'm not totally fried with exhaustion when I actually need to use my brain in a couple of hours. So..I have this idea to challenge myself to a list of 100 things, all about me. I saw it on another blog, and have attempted it in the past..and I've decided to try again. Who wouldn't want to know 100 useless facts about me anyways? ;)
1. I have lived in Maryland my whole life, and have never been off the east coast.
2. I am scatterbrained & unorganized. I hate it.
3. Getting old is one of the most depressing things to me. I hope that when I actually get old I'll feel better about it
4. I've let people walk all over me my whole life, mostly because I don't like conflict..so I usually don't confront someone when they upset me unless its someone I'm really close to.
5. It takes a lot to get me angry, and I can never hold a grudge. Even when I want to.
6. I'm a nerdy book worm. I get excited to go to book stores.
7. My favorite things to watch on TV are Grey's Anatomy, The Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, The Secret Life, Investigation Discovery Channel, and the Discovery Health Channel.
8. I took two years of Spanish in high school, one year of french, and World Language in 6th grade. All I know how to say in another language is "hola"
9. I am 50% Scottish & most of my family still lives in Scotland. I can't wait to visit someday!
10. I am a christian, but not a good one. I wish I went to church more..
11. I've went back and forth between Nursing & Early Childhood Education as my major numerous times
12. I hate math. And it hates me. We do not get along well.
13. English & US History were my favorite classes in high school.
14. I'm a HUGE procrastinator.
15. I was a rebellious teenager & snuck out of the house on a regular basis. I was a pro.
16. I am a terrible test taker. I can study for 12 hours before a test, and still fail it.
17. I enjoy writing, and I had a journal from the time I was eight to fourteen.
18. I really enjoy cooking & baking. A challenging recipe is fun to me.
19. My favorite sit down restaurant is The Cheesecake Factory, fast food is a tie between Quizno's & Taco Bell
20. I drink coffee by the gallons. But other than that..I usually only drink water or diet mountain dew.
21. I am a sucker for some good Italian food, fried pickles, and chinese food. I can never resist.
22. My favorite dessert is strawberry cheesecake or caramel apple pie.
23. I don't drink often, but when I do..I'm a budlight girl. Don't hand me anything else..unless its a white russian :)
24. I'm quick to judge. But I'll give you a chance
25. I like all 4 seasons, but I think fall is my favorite.
26. Holidays are a big deal to me. I get all giddy & excited over all of them
27. I apparently come off as shy & bitchy when you don't know me, but..get to know me. I promise I am neither!
28. I enjoy watching sports. Just don't ask me to play one ;) I will make your team loose! (not purposely, I promise)
29. I like all kinds of movies. Drama, action, comedy, horror.
30. I always play country music, but I'll listen to anything (besides screamo)
31. I miss being pregnant all the time & regret not enjoying it more while I was.
32. My name was Christina until the day before I was born, then my mom changed it to Brittany.
33. I have a bad back. It hurts all the time
34. I hate when people type ghetto. (Lyke DiiSs)
35. Be real with me. Even if its gonna hurt my feelings. I HATE liars.
36. I give second chances much too easily.
37. If you can make me laugh..you will own my heart.
38. I have an addiction with buying baby clothes. It gets me into trouble.
39. I'm short. Only 5'0, people argue with me that I'm only 4'11
40. Rain makes me happy..as weird as it is. I absolutely LOVE waking up to cloudy & rainy mornings on my days off
41. On a warm sunny day, I could literally stay on the beach for hours & hours on end. I love it
42. Some people think I'm funny.
43. My three best friends have been my best friends since I was 12 and 13..and I love how well we all know each other.
44. I have a terrible sense of direction.
45. People who can sing really well kind of fascinate me.
46. I like to watch people play guitar. Especially hot guys :p
47. I read Cosmopolitan like its my damn job. LOVE that magazine!
48. When I was little I wanted to be a farmer so that I could always be around animals :)
49. Bananas, grape fruit, tangerines, and peaches are my favorite fruits.
50. I should wear glasses, but I don't.
51. I am a dog person. Puppies completely melt me.
52. I am the biggest sap ever! Commercials have made me cry before..
53. Its hard for me to say no to others. I don't like disappointing people or letting them down.
54. I sing like an idiot when I'm in the car alone. & Dance like a retard with my daughter at home..all the time!
55. I am not a morning person.
56. I HATE bugs.
57. My daughter is perfect in every single way. I look forward to future with her :)
58. I love pictures, and am dying for an Canon Rebel.
59. I over analyze everything..and always wonder "what if"
60. The Lion King & Mary Poppins are my favorite Disney movies.
61. I used to watch Pirates of the Caribbean every night while I was falling asleep the first year that I saw it. I'm still not sick of it.
62. Sometimes I miss being a waitress! But I'm glad I got into health care..
63. Flip cup is my favorite drinking game. I'm a bit rusty these days...but I'll stick kick your ass!
64. Beliving that everything happens for a reason keeps me sane.
65. I read my horoscope every day.
66. Serial Killers fascinate me and I would LOVE to work with them.
67. I worked in an inpatient psych unit when I first got my CNA & I miss it every single day.
68. I rub my feet together at night when I'm trying to fall asleep.
69. I don't get bored very easily.
70. Attention hogs & people who always think their right annoy me.
71. I had to sing "Because you loved me" by Celine Dion in high school in front of my WHOLE chours class with one other girl. Tons of people told me I was an awesome singer. But I still don't believe them :p
72. I'm gullible.
73. I MISS being a little kid & care free sooo much..
74. I believe in Karma & that every one will eventually get what they deserve, good or bad.
75. One of my favorite quotes of all time is "So, anyways..my whole point is - no fate. There IS fate, but it only gets you so far. Once your there..its up to you to make it happen" - Can't Hardly Wait
76. I am ready to make a big change in my life..I just don't know what it is. I think I want to move out of state..but i'm afraid I'll miss my family too much.
77. Sometimes before bed I throw my comforter & pillow cases in the dryer for 20 minutes. I love it :)
78. I enjoy alone time. But only for limited time periods. I'd rather be around people
79. My favorite scent is Jake's cologne. He never wears it anymore, so when he does..it reminds me of when we first started dating.
80. I don't really like fish, the smell grosses me out. The only kind of fish I really like is Mahi Mahi
81. I swear I'm allergic to grass. Every time I walk in it with bare feet my feet get red & itchy
82. I am a romantic at heart.
83. I love ramen noodles. I put old bay in mine :)
84. I am extremely tired right now..and this list is hard work.
85. I have naturally curly & frizzy hair. I'm jealous of people who can just blow dry their hair & walk out the door
86. I wish I could walk better in heels..because I love them.
87. I like wearing scarves.
88. My favorite part about my job is drawing blood. I'm good at it :)
89. I used to want to work in shock trauma because I enjoyed the adrenalin rush of crazy situations with patients.
GAH I think I have officially NEVER been this tired before. I can't stare at this computer screen any longer. I must go do something with myself. Time for a new cup of coffee. I'll be back to update the rest!
*I'm back! I ended up being able to stay pretty busy after I logged off last night. I made it home without falling asleep at the wheel, got some Mcdonalds breakfast, came home with all intentions of staying up so that I could get back on a day shift schedule, watched 15 minutes of teen mom...and thats all I remember. I vegally remember Jake bringing Abby out in to the living room (where I fell asleep, I was on the couch) around 9:30..I remember trying to pick her up & my arms felt like jello. My legs felt weak too & I just literally felt like I was going to collapse if I didn't lay back down any second. So..I shut myself in the bedroom, hung blankets over the windows..and crashed. For some reason it wasn't a very good sleep & I couldn't stay in bed any later than 12pm. So, I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to bed on time tonight, since I have to be back at work at 7am again tomorrow! Oh, the joys over overtime!
Without further ado, here is the rest of my list I promised I'd finish:
90. I am extremely ticklish, and will probably have a laughing attack if you even attempt to tickle me.
91. Pedicures are enough to make my whole day better.
92. I've been wanting to put a purple or pink streak in my hair for about a year. Underneath & hidden..but I think it will make me look like a trashy mom! lol
93. I said earlier that my drinks of choice are bud light & white russians. but I forgot about Sangeria. Good lord, do not put that in front of me. for the sake of us all.
94. I HATE druggies. Get a life, losers.
95. I'm not the best housekeeper. I despise doing laundry & dishes.
96. I wear pink sugar perfume all the time. I'd say its my signature smell
97. I love Victoria's Secret lotions & body spray.
98. In my family..a bubble bath can cure anything. If your sick, angry, sad, hurting, have a headache, crying, bored..my aunt, mom, grandmother, cousins, & myself will tell you "aww, go take a nice warm chub" yes, we call a bath a chub. no idea where it came from. and yes..we are weird :)
99. I love horse back riding. But I haven't in years..
100. I, for the life of me..can not think of the 100th fact. Oh well :)