Wednesday, August 18, 2010

little girls

Have I ever mentioned how much I love being a mama to a little girl?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


From the very first day I found out I was pregnant, I secretly wished for a little girl.

Okay..maybe it wasn't such a secret. Maybe I gushed over pink and bows publicly, and perhaps Jake would roll his eyes when I'd do so as he was secretly wishing for a little football player (that would of been okay too, promise!) Maybe I dreamed of curling hair, playing with baby dolls & having tea parties. And just maybe I cried like a baby myself when the ultrasound tech announced yep! looks like a girl to me!

Let me just tell you that the whole first year of baby girl-ness has been all that I dreamed it would be. From dressing her up in pretty summer dresses & buying all things pink..it was all better than I imagined. Just to think that the years ahead of me are filled with ballet classes, new barbie shopping, a little mini me to follow me around..it just too dreamy. & Then eventually someday going new shoe shopping, having sleep overs with lots of other little girls, helping her get dressed for homecomings & proms, sharing stories about first dates & new boyfriends...it's all just too good to be true.

Jake and I plan on having more babies in the future. Not the near future, but not the very far away future, either. While it would be fun to have a 'little man' and watch him grow up to be kinda sorta like the man I'm in love with, to be a mama's boy...that all sounds really good too. But..to be completley honest with you?

I'd be content with filling the next two slots of babies (we want 3) with more pink :)

Just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...