Thursday, August 12, 2010

she's still my widdle baby

Get a load of this sky

Photobucket

That's the sky that my Abby girl and I sweated our whole hineys off (ok, well I wish I sweat all mine off!) playing under the summer sun yesterday.

Photobucket

We headed over to lake waterford, just the two of us for some mama & baby playtime. I was shocked when we arrived that we were the only ones there.

After 30 minutes I quickly realized why the beloved playground & lake was a ghost town.

Photobucket

It was hot. I had no choice but to pull back my flat ironed hair into a sweaty pony tail and shove my now very frizzy bangs back with my sunglasses. We'll just stay, Abby is having fun I kept thinking. She belly laughed on the swings & was completely amazed, actually being able to crawl around and explore without being stomped on by 100 other big kids.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After about a half hour, baby girls cheekies we're getting red too. So after snappin' this pic & realizing just how toasty she looked..we climbed back in the stroller and headed back to the air conditioned car to have a cool baba of water.

Photobucket

Day like yesterday & seeing this beautiful lake under the warm sunshine, do make me sort of sad summer is coming to an end. Don't get me wrong..I'm totally excited for fall and halloween..don't even get me started!

Photobucket

But, summer is summer.

Photobucket

So we're soakin' up the few weeks we have left.

**********
See these two?

Photobucket

She's my old co-worker and he's her new little addition. Although I shouldn't even say co-worker. We haven't worked together since we were 16 or 17, and we've stayed great friends ever since.

We had lunch with the littles at Pizza Hut, which is where we used to work together! It was mine and her first job and we both had so much fun working there while we were in high school. It was fun to see our old managers and for them to meet our little minis. Our old boss, Laura..had a baby 2 weeks before I had Abby and she brought her up to visit us! It's the first time Abby's ever seen a baby her size..Kylie was shy, but Abby reached right out and grabbed her & smiled right at her..my little outgoing girl!

********************

Today I'm totally bummed that I was working during the hugest rain storm of the summer. Lately I've been wishing it would rain. I need a its-rainy-outside-so-were-just-going-to-read-books-and-take-naps-and-listen-to-the-rain-pitter-patter. It would pour gallons by the second during my drive to work. Maybe I'm weird, but I like rainy days. So..call me crazy, but I'm praying I'll wake up tomorrow and it will be raining outside. Its peaceful and relaxing.

Work was long, as always. But I got to come home and have a warm bubble bath with my sleepy girl, that made up for the long hours I spent slaving all day :)

After bath time, once I got her in her jammies & powder'd and lotion'd up..I wrapped her big pacie mouth self up in a blanket, just like when she was a newborn and she...liked it! She let me hold her like a newborn and rock her..she loved being all bundled up! I laid her down with a warm baba and she went right to sleep, like a little 7lb tiny tiny I used to know...

Photobucket
she's still my widdle baby

As for tomorrow? I'm wishing for rain & loving the fact that I get to wake up to and spend all day with this face:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...