Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bringing in the New Year

2010 was...busy? crazy? hectic? stressful? yes. But also, was it...fun? yes. eventful? yes. enjoyable? you betcha.

Theres always one thing about each year that sticks out to me. 2007 was all about Jake. It was our first year together, his senior year in high school..his life was my life that year. 2008 was more about my friends and partying, also my senior year. 2009 was all about family, the year I got pregnant and met my beautiful baby girl.

I'm not sure what will stick out most to be about 2010. I'm thinking maybe our apartment? Sure, its just a little tiny two bedroom third floor apartment..but it was the first thing that was ours, together. Its crazy to think in two short months our 12 month lease will be up..and we will be moving on to a new place. Which we currently have no idea where that place may be, may I add.

I have lots of hopes and wishes for 2011. While this past year has been a little bit on the crazy side, I'm hoping that this new one will be a little bit more of a smoother ride.

We brought in the new year in the comfort of our own couch (and new electric blanket!) Abby called it an early night, and Jake and I cuddled until 1 am..until both of our eyes were burning so badly we could hardly stand it any longer.

We sipped cold beer and ordered carry out shrimp from seaside. We huddled under the blankets together and watched the new Ben Affleck movie, The town (which was awesome by the way). We hit "pause" at 11:45 and watched the Dick Clark NYE show until the ball dropped. We kissed at midnight and made our wishes for the year to come. Our fifth new years together.

I slept peacefully that night knowing that great things were ahead of me.

I am so excited about this year. I have no idea what to expect, but I kind of like it that way. We hopefully will be out of our apartment and into a house in two months, another beautiful season of spring and summer are right around the corner, and my 21st birthday is in the fall. I have some big dreams and hopes about my career as well, but I'm not going to post anything about that..I'm too afraid of jinxing it :p

This year I vow to: stress less, relax more. eat healthier and go to the gym more often. take college more seriously. make dinner more, instead of eating out. craft more because it makes me happy. continue being the mother I always imagined myself being. and get along better with Jake. Lets sell how I'll keep up!

With the new year here, I've decided to try the daily challenge to a healthier life. You should try it too!

Happy new year, everyone. I hope that all of your wishes and dreams come true this year!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...