Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Coziness

Right now I am in brand spanking new yoga pants, James Blunt is quietly playing in the background, and the only light in the room is coming from our newly lit Christmas tree. Ahhmazing.

While we're on the track of amazing, Nicole and I managed to get up bright and early (and by bright and early I mean an hour and 30 minutes after we planned on leaving in sweats and no makeup, because thats just how we roll) and get to the mall, beating most of the crowds and got a pretty good amount of Christmas shopping done. Hallelujah! I thought it was going to be hell going out today, but it really wasn't. We did pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Despite the fact that I forgot Abby's stroller and I had to push her around in a little dinky rental cart, her fists were full of popeyes chicken and she was just as happy as could be. We had a good and accomplishing morning :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Its great being able to take your kids Christmas shopping with you when their still little enough. See that toy she's so intrigued by? Its a bath turtle toy thing, she loved it. So, mama made sure to tell Santa that Abby really enjoyed playing with it at Toys R us today :p

Whats not so great? An old lady admiring Abby, and Abby reaching out and grabbing her boob and saying "What's that?". Talk about humiliating. I smiled politely, apologized quickly, and wanted to run away forever! Too bad I was stuck in an hour long line with her behind me. She laughed it off, but still..really Abby? Thanks.

We headed home late afternoon and let Abby take a little nap. I had some left over chinese food and impatiently waited for her nap to be over. It was Christmas tree pickin' time!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was raining and freezing, but we couldn't wait any longer. I have been SO excited about this for SO long!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our first family Christmas tree! An 8 foot taller from the little Christmas tree lot outside the liquor store right down the street from our apartment. It didn't take us long to choose, we loved this one right from the start. Its staring right back at me right now, it loves us too. We picked the perfect tree!

Getting the sucker up three flights of steps and through our tiny front door wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but..worth it. So, so, SO worth it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We have some more trimming to do tomorrow. We need to get some more lights & finally hang the decorations. But for now?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Still feels pretty dang cozy to me!

Our apartment smells like pine and fresh baked cookies. I'm loving it.

I got my first tasty batch taken care of this evening, my first that didn't end up in the trash can! Chocolate chip & Oatmeal cranberry and white chocolate. Chocolate chip was an already made dough, and oatmeal was from scratch. Both turned out yummy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well, my eye balls are burning and a blanket on the couch is screaming my name.

Happy baking-Christmas tree decorating-shopping-whatever it is that makes you feel cozy Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...