Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Man!

Four years ago today Jake and I were celebrating his 18th birthday. Our first time as a couple celebrating his big day. We didn't do too much, I'm sure we went to dinner but I can't remember for the life of me what I got for him. We had only been together about 6 months then, and I never would had guessed that 4 years later I'd still be with him, celebrating his 22nd with his little girl on my hip. So crazy how life works its self out.

We didn't do too much today either. For some reason, two years in a row now..his work/school night has fallen on his birthday. Which mean he leaves for work at 4am and gets home around 8pm. Makes for a long day, especially on his birthday. Lucky for him, his instructor this year shares the same birthday as him..and he got to come home a couple hours early :D

I already gave him his big present last weekend, a new hunting tree stand. I gave it to him early for the big trip he was supposed to be going on that weekend. So tonight we had freshly made brownies awaiting him and some cute cards from Abby and I, along with a little LED flashlight key chain thing. A little gadget I picked up and figured he would love, and I was correct! We got Texas Roadhouse carry-out for dinner (his favorite) and cuddled up on the couch after Abby was in bed and watched a movie. He picked The Expendables, total guy movie. Wasn't too bad though.

He took off work tomorrow and is pretty much celebrating then. He is going hunting tomorrow morning & evening, later we are having cake at his mom's and then putting Abby to bed there and having a bonfire with some family and friends. I'm excited!

Happy Birthday Jacob Michael! I love you more & more each and every year we spend together. I hope your day was special and that you get that big deer you've been waiting for all season tomorrow! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...