Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cooped up. And loving it

I don't even know where to start or how to explain this weekend.

First of all - my wonderful toddler decided it would be a fun idea to stomp on my laptop (guess it was my fault for leaving it on the floor anyways) and my screen now has a million little pixel lines shooting across it. totally irritating..

So..back to this weekend. I didn't leave the house once. It was magnificent.

I can't even remember what I did on Friday during the day honestly. I worked night shift that night on the pediatrics floor from hell. God forgive me, but if I had to hear one more baby cry or one more monitor go off for no reason at all..I probably would have lost it. Needless to say I was super happy to head home at 7am and crawl into my warm bed with my man!

He let me sleep in until 11 (he probably would have let me sleep later, but I just couldn't seem to sleep any longer) and I woke up just in time for Abby's nap. I was kind of disappointed but happy to be able to spend some time alone and wake up. Jake announced he was gonna go 4wheeling with some I called Jackie over to keep me company.

Oh, if someone could have only taken a picture of the two of us. Shades were down, so it was super dark in the apartment, we were laying on the couch with our feet stretched out in front of us on the ottoman, chinese food in our laps, remotes on our bellies, and singing along to music videos...and we stayed that way for hours. Literally..hours! Until Jake got home from 4wheeling and Abby woke up from her nap at 4pm.

Once Abby was up and we pulled the shades back - I got my second wind. I was finally starting to recover from my long grave yard shift...and I wanted to do something fun!

Fun consisted of playing hide and go seek with Abby and reading stories. What better kind of fun is there anyways!?

Later, closer to bed time Jake wanted to go out with some of his great friends just got home from Afghanistan, the boys were going out to celebrate. I was happy he was getting out..but it kind of left me scratching my head what?

Jackie came back over and we remembered that our friend Christina had just gotten home from college! I punched her number into my cell and woke her up from a nap. Hey! Do you wanna come over later? Like you me Whit and Jackie? We can put the babies to bed and catch up? She thought the idea was perfect right away and said she'd get up and get in the shower.

And oh, how I love them.


We were up until 4am, drinking wine and beer, laughing, crying, singing, dancing. Some things will just never change ♥


Mid conversation last night - I cut everyone off and said can I just say that I absolutely love the fact that no matter how long we go without seeing each other, as soon as we all get together..its like not a single thing has changed between us!

Whitney responded back quickly I know! And its never awkward or weird like it is when you see some of your old friends! Christina smiled warmly and said and it will always be this way, thats the greatest part of it all.

Jake finally strolled back in around 3 with a bag full of Wendy's in his hands for us all to devour. It was a great night. Even though we just sat on my living room floor..and we had my sweet baby girl in the very next room - it was the greatest night I've had in quite some time. I say it all the time..and I will continue to say it. I am SO lucky to have the best friends in the whole wide world.


I woke up this morning to a pounding head and throbbing throat..I staggered into the bathroom to grab a Tylenol. Grabbed a soda, popped the pill, laughed at my passed out friends on the couch, and hopped back in bed.

Waking up was hell. All day long I was a groggy mess. Jake got up with the baby again and I could not figure out for the life of me why I was so sleepy. I was sad and wanted to play with Abby..but I couldn't even stay awake through one single book. I was baffled. I didn't drink that much. Then, it clicked. I checked the medicine cabinet and sure enough..the Tylenol extra strength I had thought I'd taken was actually a Tylenol PM. It made much more sense after I figured out that little detail.

Later this evening I got my second wind again, finally..and I made up for all the time I'd missed with Abby girl! We watched Sprout on the couch together, we read her "potty book", we played chase, and had a yummy dinner together..then a nice vapor hopes of revealing her congestion. Poor girl still has a nasty cold. So, I guess it was kind of a good thing it was a cooped up in the house weekend.

Now..its midnight and I am wide awake. Sleep is out of the I'm hoping that I'll get little sleep tonight and then be up with my girl early lack of sleep of tonight should get me back on a normal sleeping schedule. Do you see what this night shift work does to me!?

I hope you all had a fun weekend as well, whether you were out on the town, or cooped up in your house with a sick baby, I hope it was grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...