Monday, December 27, 2010

Tell that someone that you love just what your thinking of.

*Sigh* I've mentioned this before..getting behind on my blog gets me stressed out. I have two to three days to catch up on. So without further ado..

Christmas was spectacular. It was everything I hoped it would be. It was perfect. I am so incredibly blessed and thankful to be able to spend this holiday season with the ones I love most ♥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Santa brought Abby a new tent with a tunnel (which she loves, and plays peek-a-boo in for hours) a super cool bead maze (above) lots of new books, and much much more. Jake and Abby got me a new keurig coffee maker! Along with an electric blanket and a VS gift card. Abby and I got Daddy a new hunting camera and a deer jerkey cooker. We all made out pretty well!

We even got a white Christmas. The first one I can ever remember having.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We headed over to Jake's mom's house for her annual Christmas morning breakfast.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After we went home in time for a nap, a quick shower, and some time to play with new toys..we had Christmas dinner at Craig's (my Step Dad) parents house. Its the first year Jake and I have been able to go there on Christmas in about two years, so it was nice to re-live an old tradition.

It was an exhausting day. Our apartment still looks like a bomb hit it. New toys are scattered, new clothes and shoes and knick knacks are piled up on the kitchen table, boxes and trash bags are lined up at the front door...

but its worth. So, so, so, so worth it.

Its all over. The hype of the Christmas season is over. See you next year :D

********************************************************

Sunday, the day after Christmas I unfortunately had to work. The news prepared us for days, for the "Blizzard of 2010" to hit us this day. I panicked, prayers, and gossiped with co-workers in hopes of NOT getting snowed in at the hospital over night.

Pssshh. We didn't even get an inch. Silly meteorologists.

I did however just so happen to leave my headlights to my car on, leaving me with a dead battery. I got to spend almost an hour outside in the blistering cold waiting for some grungy old mechanic named "Bill" to jump start my old cavalier. He insisted I got in his car to stay warm, but I refused. Convinced that he would jump in and kid nap me if I did so.

He finally got it started, though. I made it home with a bright red nose and aching and freezing fingers and toes!
****************************************

And while this week has been incredibly enjoyable and beautiful and perfect in all ways possible..I have to say its been pretty bitter sweet.

I just can't seem to shake the thought of Alyssa. (read previous post) She has been in the back of my mind and my heart just keeps breaking all over again every time I hear her name or see a picture of her beautiful face. I just try to keep praying for her family.

Every time Jake leaves now, all I can think is this could be the last time you ever see him. So I hug him a little tighter and tell him I love him twice instead of once. I tell him to drive safe and to give me one more kiss. I always feel uneasy when he leaves. Because really..now more than ever I realize you have no idea how long your life is going to be.

We held a candle light vigil in Alyssa's honor tonight. Today would have been her 20th birthday. We sung happy birthday to her, we held hands and prayed, and walked from the site of her crash to her house..to symbolize her going home. There was so many people who came to celebrate her life. At least 200. It was so beautiful and heartbreaking, all at the same time.

Alyssa..I hope that you know how many people are thinking of you and missing you today. Rest easy you beautiful angel.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Watch the video on her Candle Vigil here.

So tell that someone that you love, just what your thinking of, if tomorrow never comes..


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...