Friday, December 24, 2010

Tragedy at Christmas time.

I am much too sleepy to write a full out lengthy post tonight. It is Christmas eve, I am happy, I am loved, I am excited..and today was everything that I hoped it would be. I will be back tomorrow to share along with Christmas mornings (CAN'T WAIT) activities and dinner with my Step Dad's parents.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

However in the mean time, I'm going to open up a very sad chamber of my heart that was formed this morning. A friend of mine from high school was killed in a car accident last night. She was smart, beautiful, funny, and only twenty years old. She had her whole life ahead of her, and she's gone. Never got to get married or have a family...nothing I haven't seen her but once or twice since we all graduated, but I am so bothered and saddened by this horrible tragedy. She has been on my mind all day..it still doesn't seem real. Such a sad, sad phone call to receive on Christmas eve. I thought there must had been a mistake. Sure enough, it was not. I can not even imagine what her close friends and family are going through right now, my deepest prayers and thoughts go out to all of them.

Its a shame that something so sad has to happen to make you realize how very short your life could be, but it does. So..go kiss your babies tonight. Go give your husband or significant other a super tight squeeze. Spend some extra time catching up with each and every one of your family members tomorrow, you never know..this could be their very last Christmas.

Merry Christmas ♥

I think I hear those reindeer hoofs on the roof. Better get off to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...