Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day #7: Peace out OC and Hello Sam's 21st Birthday

We headed out around 10am this morning. My mom was sad & begged me to stay one more night, and I considered it, but then remembered my dear friend Sam and how it was her huge 21st birthday party tonight & all that shes done for Jake and I..and how much I should (and want!) to be there for her. So, off we went.

The 3 hour ride home went surprisingly quick considering Jake and I spoke on the phone to each other more than half the way there. Abby slept the whole time & we only stopped once for a pee break & for me to grab some combos & iced coffee.

We came home, hardly unpacked..I snuggled Abby & played with her for about an hour, then we headed into Pasadena. We dropped off my sweet baby girl with Jake's mom and headed over to the party. The plan was to have some food and cake, sing happy birthday, have a couple beers..then head home & have a relaxing night just the two of us. Well, that plan back fired. There was wine. Very, very, very yummy wine & my 120lb-hasn't-drank-in-over-a-year self got a bit carried away. What can I say? There were so many great friends I hadn't seen in decades it seems like & some one kept pouring me drinks. Needless to say, I had a good night. A night filled with swimming with your clothes on, hot tub gossiping, extra hard belly laughs over nothing, singing much too loudly, eating way too much food, a-boy-passed-out-on-the-patio type night. Can't lie & say it wasn't a good time, but I can honestly say that, that was enough to last me a good couple years lol. Sometimes I forget I'm only 19. With all the responsibility of being a mother, work, school, Jake..and every thing else I forgot that this is how a normal 19 year old would behave. Well, this just gives me another reason to add to the "why god blessed me with a child early" list. No party will ever compare to my life with Jake and Abigail. I am so incredibly lucky to have them both & I honestly wouldn't trade my life for the world.

But..regardless, I love my friends. I even remember one person saying "Jake and Brittany are here! How often is that we get to party with Jake and Brittany these days? Its going to be a great night!" (we used to be quite the party animals before I got pregnant :p) Their great & it's not very often that I get to see them without responsibilities so here's some pictures of a fun night spent with some of the greatest people in the world.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...