Saturday, July 17, 2010

Packing.

I knew that I had a lot I had to do today, I really did and I planned on being busy the whole morning/afternoon. 9 Hours later I am finally finished. Never in my greatest thoughts did I think the task of packing for our vacation would take that long, but it did. And it was exhausting.

I started at 11am. I opened up my closet and it threw up all over my bedroom. Think I'm kidding? Check it out yourself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Okay, so maybe I had something to do with the explosion but hey - things needed to be sorted and I had a lot of dirty clothes. Can you tell I hate laundry yet? Abby couldn't believe it either.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Needless to say, she was totally and completely entertained exploring through all my mess of clothes and nick knacks.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
yes, that is a clear bra strap in her mouth. it was grabbed mid-picture snapping..and no, she is not allowed to chew on it

Later in the day Jake was super sweet and took Abby out for a few hours so that I could get things done. It was about this time that I decided I would not have time to shower today, I would not have time to do my hair today, and I would not have time to do my makeup either. Brushing my teeth was about all I had time for. Which means I spent my whole day rockin' this get-up. One that I will most likely rock out the whole way to the beach as well, as my silly self already packed all of my clothes in the car.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

During my baby-free time I managed to get most of the laundry finished, all of Abby's baby necessities shopping done, and a quick run to Pasadena to borrow some luggage from my dear friend Jackie. I snapped this picture of her from the car and I just have to post it because it cracks me up. Love her duck slippers & the fact that she looks like a crazy woman on the streets of Baltimore. We both laughed for a good 10 minutes at this one. Love you Jackie! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The rest of the day was spent doing girly #2's laundry. God help me if we have all girl's, vacations are going to take me 3 days to pack for if their anything like big sister and mama! All the clothes and accessories in the world. I was panicking mid-packing because I was afraid I wasn't going to have enough bags to fit all of our things, then I had the idea of filling all of my purses with things. I knew I liked big, huge purses for a good reason! ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Early evening my Grandma stopped by to see us before we left for the trip. We're only going to be gone a week, and are only going 4 hours away..you'd think we were leaving for a month to go out of the country! Gotta love her. She does it every year. We always tell her if your going to miss us so much, why don't you just come! But she never will, and I'm not too sure why. She's always been one of my favorite people in this whole world. I used to spend every weekend with her when I was a little girl and cried when my mom came to get me Sunday afternoon. You know what's cool about being a young mama? Having a young Great Grandma for Abby. Which means she will be able to enjoy her as she grows up, too :)

We talked and sipped ice cold kool-aid, caught up and laughed a lot, like always. About 30 minutes later Jake showed back up with baby Abs! We tried to snuggle and love her, but she'll never let us. My Grandma thought it was quite amusing that Abby decided it would be a great idea to tear apart all the toys and snacks I pulled aside for her for the ride tomorrow. Oh well, what more could I expect?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Grandma left around 7pm which meant back to work for Mama. I got all of Abby's things and my clothes packed up. Take a look!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We're some high maintains ladies, eh?

Then it was time to pack up the car. Oh, what an ordeal packing my car was. Have I ever mentioned how stubborn my boyfriend is? Well, just in case I haven't..he's really stubborn. In stressful situations we both have to walk away from each other. It was hot, we were both sweating..I wanted things one way, he wanted them another. I finally told him to get Abby and go upstairs. And I packed that whole dang car all by myself..and I'm one proud mama! It took me about 20 minutes and a lot of thinking and shoving, but I did it! & It's just how I wanted it :)

Oh, I almost forgot. I wanted to thank my ihome. Thank you ihome, for keeping me sane and playing awesome music all day long so that I could rock out and sing at the top of my lungs while doing boring things all day long. Thank you, thank you for keeping things interesting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So that's that. What a hard working day, I'm pooped! And now my wonderful man is home with Texas Roadhouse carry out and my fried pickles & chicken critter salad are calling my name! See you at the beach, all :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...